Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
*Due to Covid-19: Please contact our office ASAP if you have become ill or have questions about symptoms you are experiencing*
- Refrain from eating or drinking (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing with sleeves that can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes, no flip-flops or slides, please.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish to your surgery.
- Take all medications as prescribed, unless advised otherwise by Dr. Kalant or Dr. Pink.