Welcome to our Practice
Oral, Maxillofacial & Implant Surgery
Naperville — Joliet — Yorkville
Our Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons Don C. Kalant, Sr., DDS, FACD, FICD, Michael T. Pink DDS, MD and Blake C. Garrett DDS, MD practice a full scope of Oral and Maxillofacial surgery with expertise ranging from corrective jaw surgery to wisdom tooth removal. Our doctors perform a full range of dental implant and bone grafting procedures along with diagnosing TMJ disorders, facial pain and facial injuries. Our staff is trained in assisting with IV sedation for all surgical procedures within our state-of-the-art office settings.
For over 30 years, our practice has been dedicated to helping our patients with their oral surgery needs. Our goal is always to provide a professional environment with the quality of care that you expect within a specialty practice. We are confident that our friendly doctors and team will exceed your expectations to make you feel right at home. Whether you are being referred by your general dentist, dental specialist, family or friend, we are confident you will receive the highest quality of care you deserve.
Oral and Maxillofacial surgeons require between 4 and 6 additional years of hospital-based surgical and anesthesia training after graduation from dental school. Dr. Kalant, Dr. Pink or Dr. Garrett manage a wide variety of problems relating to the mouth, teeth, and facial regions. This also includes techniques designed to rebuild bone structure with minimal surgical intervention while allowing optimal patient comfort.
Our Mission Statement
As the premier Oral, Maxillofacial and Implant surgery practice in the southwest suburbs, we are dedicated to providing outstanding surgical care for our patients in a friendly and professional environment. We are equally committed to our referring practices in assisting them to reach the pinnacle of success through continuing educational programs and exemplary service.
Convenience – We want your visit to our office to be as easy as possible. Appointments are scheduled conveniently and promptly to meet your needs. Our Doctors have hospital privileges at area hospitals to perform inpatient procedures and outpatient surgical procedures, if required.
Communication – We will explain all surgical procedures to you in detail so you know what to expect before and after your oral surgery appointment. When patients have a better understanding of what to expect, they typically feel more comfortable with the process.
Comfort – Your comfort is top priority in all phases of the process, including the use of anesthesia. Our Doctors’ comprehensive anesthesia training provides complete comfort for our patients with local anesthesia, oral sedation or general anesthesia.
Consideration – Perhaps most importantly, doctors refer their patients to our practice because of their confidence with our extensive surgical training, along with, the complete professional care each patient receives.
Patient Rights – This practice believes each patient has a right to:
- Considerate and respectful care
- See our Doctors each time you visit the office with an appointment
- Personal and informational privacy
- Know in advance the type and expected costs of treatment
- Our Doctors and staff follow appropriate infection control especially during COVID-19
- Inquire about treatment alternatives and be told the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Refuse treatment to the extent permitted by law and be informed of consequences of this action
- Be informed of the education and training of our doctors and staff
- Be informed of the professional rules, laws and ethics that governs the practice and its employees
Patient Responsibilities – This practice believes each patient is responsible for:
- Provide to the best of our knowledge, accurate and complete information about present symptoms, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications, and other matters regarding your health
- Follow the treatment plan recommended
- Properly fulfill the financial obligations of care
- Follow rules and regulations affecting patient care and conduct
- Be considerate of the rights of other patients and office personnel